Wong Kai Yun graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Singapore in 1994, and was called to the Singapore Bar as an Advocate & Solicitor in 1995.
In legal practice for the past 18 years, Ms Wong’s areas of practice include civil & commercial litigation, company law, corporate debt recovery, corporate litigation, directors & shareholders’ disputes, insolvency, matrimonial matters, property disputes, advisory work on company and commercial matters, agency and distribution agreements, asset and wealth management (trusts structuring), banking and finance matters, business development and structuring, corporate / company agreements, corporate governance & compliance issues for private & listed companies, estate and succession planning, franchising and licensing agreements, joint venture & cross-border transactions, loans and securities documentation, partnership agreements, registration & incorporation of businesses and companies, shareholders’ agreements, tenancies and leases.
With a niche focus on family law matters, Ms Wong’s clients comprise largely high net worth individuals with especial concerns over financial settlements, as well as expatriates with cross-jurisdictional issues. Ms Wong is a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a worldwide association of practising lawyers who are recognized by their peers as the most experienced and expert family law specialists in their respective countries.
Ms Wong deals extensively with estate & succession planning, and acts for private banking clients in structuring trusts and other mechanisms for wealth preservation.
Ms Wong handles both contentious and non-contentious probate, having handled the division of sizeable estate properties. Ms Wong is a registered practitioner of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, a leading worldwide professional body for practitioners in the fields of trusts, estates and related issues.
Ms Wong is included in the 2013 edition of the Citywealth Leaders List — the guide to leading wealth managers and advisers who are nominated to the List by their peers.
- Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (2012 – 2013)
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (2012 – 2013)
- Executive Editor, Singapore Journal of Legal Studies (2009 – 2013)
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law (1995 – 2013)
- Member, Family Law Practice Committee, The Law Society of Singapore (2001 – 2013)
- Member, The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific (2012 – 2013)
- Citywealth Leaders List (2013)
- Company Secretary, Corstone Pte Ltd (2007 – 2013)
- Company Secretary, Corstone Management Pte Ltd (2008 – 2013)
- Member, Business China, Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (2009 – 2013)
- Agent, Escada Textilvertrieb GMBH (2008)
- Agent, ICF SH&E Limited (2011)
- Agent, Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (2011)